MNPC League Draft Competition Rules
1. There are six competitions:
1) Advanced Monochrome Prints
2) Beginners Monochrome Prints
3) Advanced Colour Prints
4) Beginners Colour Prints
5) Advanced Projected Digital Images (PDIs)
6) Beginners Projected Digital Images (PDIs)
are 5 rounds in all 6 competitions. The subject in each round is as specified
in the MNPC programme.
3. A member may submit up to 4 entries in each round of the competitions for which he/she is eligible by virtue of his/her status – beginner or advanced – as determined by the current club definition.
4 An entrant’s score in a round of a competition is the sum of the marks awarded to his/her best 2 individual entries in the round.
5. The winner of each competition will be the entrant with the highest cumulative score from 5 rounds.
6. Prints may be any size up to 40cm x 30cm and if mounted must be
on mounts not exceeding 40cm x 30cm.
7. Each print must show on the back of the mount:-
a. entrant’s reference number (or name if no reference number has been allocated)
b. title of print
c. whether advanced or beginner
d. subject, number and year of round
8. Projected Digital Images
may be submitted by email to the organiser or on a CD or in a folder on a CD which
contains only the images entered in the round. If the images are in a folder
the folder must be named to indicate the Round number.
All PDIs must conform to the following:
a. Be in jpeg format and sRGB colour space
b. Be sized to a maximum of 1400 pixels wide and a maximum of 1050 pixels high.
c. Each image must be titled. The title should not include the name of the entrant.
d. The name of the entrant (or reference number if allocated) and the date and round number should be written or stamped on the blank surface of the CD. Self-adhesive labels must not be used. Images will be projected as presented on the CD.
9. Any print or PDI may be entered once only in any season of the MNPC league.
Any print or PDI which has been awarded first place in a round of the MNPC league or which following entry in the league has received a star in a NIPA competition is debarred form further entry in the league.
Any print or PDI which has received a star in a NIPA competition before being entered in the MNPC league may be entered once only in the league thereafter.
Any print or PDI which has neither been awarded first place in a round of the MNPC league nor been awarded a NIPA star may be entered in two further seasons and is debarred thereafter from further entry.
A print or PDI debarred from further entry may however be re-submitted as a re-interpretation of the original photograph.
10. Entries must be submitted by the date specified in the MNPC league for each round.
11. It is assumed that all entries are available for selection in the NIPA Inter-Club competition unless an entrant makes his wishes to the contrary known in advance.
12. The organisers will endeavour to return all entries (except those selected for entry in the NIPA Inter-Clubc ompetition) on or before the club meeting following the competition date.
13. The current marking arrangements agreed by the committee must be displayed in the clubroom and on thewebsite for the duration of the competition season.